FOURTH ANNUAL MEETING
INSTITUTE FOR SIGNIFYING SCRIPTURES
THE HOTEL: Courtyard Memphis Downtown
75 Jefferson Avenue
Memphis, Tennessee 38103
We will be holding our meetings in the Riverview Room.
AIRPORT: This hotel does not provide shuttle service.
• Alternate transportation: PC Transportation; fee: 25 USD (one way); on request.
• Estimated taxi fare: 30 USD (one way)
• Call Lyft or Uber using your app
Take Interstate 240 West to Interstate 240 North to exit 31 for Interstate 40 West. Follow Interstate 40 West to exit 1 for Riverside Drive and turn right. Continue on Riverside Drive to Jefferson Avenue. Turn left and the hotel will be on the right.
Off-site parking, fee: 20 USD daily
Valet parking, fee: 22 USD daily
FITNESS: Exercise room on site
MEMPHIS TROLLEY (MATA):
The Memphis trolley makes stops near (and will take you past) notable destinations like Beale Street, National Civil Rights Museum, South Main Arts District, Mississippi River, and restaurants (is that barbecue I smell?). Dollar for dollar, there is no better way to take in downtown Memphis than by trolley. (See Trolley map).
Speaking of cash, make sure you bring along a couple greenbacks for the ride. Base trolley fares are $1 per ride and daily passes can be purchased for $3.50. The 2.5 mile Riverfront Loop route is a relief for tired feet and offers a picturesque view of the Mississippi River. The Madison Avenue trolley line gives you access to Midtown Memphis.
Needless to say, Memphis is a foodie’s Mecca. The following are just a few of many excellent options. These are in DOWNTOWN Memphis, so near the hotel.
Lunch & Dinner
1. Gus’s World Famous Fried Chicken, 310 S. Front St.
2. McEwen’s Memphis, 120 Monroe Ave.
3. Blues City Café, 138 Beale St.
4. The Majestic Grille, 145 S. Main St.
1. The Majestic Grille, 145 S. Main St.
2. 2. Sunrise Memphis, 670 Jefferson Ave.
3. The Blue Plate Café, 113 S. Court Sq.
3. 4. Arcade Restaurant, 540 S. Main St.
(For more choices, click Food Recommendations in Memphis)
Other useful information: